The Dallas Public Library wants students to enter their 13th Annual Express Yourself! Youth Poetry Competition from now through January 9, 2009. Here are the contest rules:
- Students must live in the City of Dallas.
- Students can submit their original work in English or Spanish.
- The work cannot be copied from any source, including books, magazines, textbooks, Lyrics, or Internet sources.
- An entry form must be filled out with a single poem on the back of the entry form.
- Both the student and a parent, legal guardian, teacher or librarian must sign the entry form.
- Students can enter as many poems as desired, with only one per entry form.
Sixty finalists will be selected from several age categories. Winners will be honored at a special award ceremony in April at the Central Library and the 60 winning poems will be published in a bound ExpressYourself! Youth Poetry Finalists Anthology. For information and entry forms, visit any Dallas Public Library or their web site.